Latvia is in Schengen Area. Please visit this page to check Third countries whose citizens may enter and stay in the Schengen area without visas. Note that there is more than one list! The consular information page of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the republic of Latvia is here.
Information necessary to receive Latvian VISA:
1) Your name and surname in capital letters as it appears in passport;
2) Scanned copy of valid travel document;
3) Date of birth; Place of birth (Please specify exact city, town or village);
4) Affiliation and job title;
5) Declared place of residence;
6) Consular mission you will apply for Latvian visa in (please check for the most convenient one here);
7) Planned time of arrival and departure;
8) Planned accommodation place (name and address);
Please e-mail all these documents to Kolja.Nahimov@gmail.com
After receiving this information, we will submit an official inquiry for visa invitation. The reviewing and acceptance takes some time – consider two to five days.
After confirmation is received conference organizers will inform you through e-mail.
Then you will be eligible to apply for visa at Latvian consular missions in foreign countries or at the consulates of other Schengen Member States which is competent to process Schengen visa application for traveling to Latvia. Please clarify all the required documents to be presented during application process, as recurrent applications can take long time to schedule.